Compugen’s extraordinary multidisciplinary team is one of its greatest assets. Our employees, coming from different backgrounds with diverse ways of thinking, work together in an atmosphere that cultivates excellence, creativity and openness. The cooperation of people from various disciplines involving different areas of expertise is fundamental to our ability to establish a unique predictive drug discovery infrastructure, as well as to discover and develop novel therapeutic proteins and drug targets. This merging of talent from various disciplines continues to serve as a key growth driver and enables us to fulfill our mission and business goals.
The research associate will report to the In-vivo team leader in the Immune-Oncology Research, R&D. The candidate will be responsible to support functional validation of immunomodulatory molecules discovered by Compugen, including in-vivo and ex-vivo proof-of-concept studies, as well as in-vitro functional assays with primary mice cells. Responsible to plan and conduct experiments, record and analyze data, write research reports, interact with other research and administration staff. The candidate is expected to perform independently hands-on experimental work but also to collaborate in a multi-functional team.
- Complete support of the animal house activities: Maintenance of mouse strains including mating and accurate updating of animal records, preparations of laboratory samples including blood, internal tissues and tumors according to the needs of the immune-oncology team.
- Participate in in-vivo pharmacology studies: Tumor cell preparation and inoculation, administration of medications, mice and tumor size follow-up.
- Support and execute ex-vivo immune cell-based assays: Isolate and perform multi-parameter flow cytometry analysis of immune cells ex-vivo
- Support and execute in-vitro experiments: Perform immune functional assays in-vitro with human and mouse cells
- In a timely manner, record results in laboratory notebook, prepare written reports and oral presentations
- Collaborate with team members to ensure timely progress of research projects according to the pipeline prioritization
- PhD in life science or equivalent field / Msc+2 years experience – must
- Expertise with murine models (injections, blood/tissue collection) including maintenance and breeding – must
- Proficiency in cell culture and ex vivo techniques such as FACS and ELISA – must
- Strong ability to multi-task and work productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and diverse team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
- Scientific background in immunology would be an advantage