We are seeking a talented and experienced bioinformatician/computational biologist to join the computational discovery team to discover innovative targets that can serve as Ab targets for treating cancer patients. In this role, you will be responsible for developing bioinformatic tools and solutions for data analysis and workflows for this discovery process. You will work closely with an experienced multidisciplinary team of bioinformaticians, biologists and software engineers to develop the right bioinformatic tools for enable us to discover the right cure for patients.
You will be a key component in shaping our future pipeline and you will have a front row seat watching the fruits of your labor materialize into lifesaving drugs for cancer patients.
This role requires strong bioinformatic knowledge and experience in building bioinformatic infrastructure.
Basic knowledge in software development skills such as NoSQL, SQL database design, Python is an advantage.
Develop, perform and interpret quantitative analyses at the frontline of computational biology and cancer research
- Design, write and perform computational and statistical analyses on biological and clinical data for drug discovery
- Interpret and mine the results for useful insights regarding novel cancer targets and support for the current pipeline of cancer targets
- Process and present the results in a clear and accessible way
- Prepare and maintain computational tools for the use of biologists within the company
- Work closely and routinely with computational scientists, biologists and immunologists
- Provide support for projects utilizing such tools
- M.Sc. or above in Bioinformatics/Biology with a background in cancer/immunology biology computational background / Computational Sciences with a biology background
- Background or experience in Bioinformatics or high throughput biology systems is required
- Experience with expression and sequence analysis is an advantage
- Background/experience in Immunology or oncology is an advantage
- Programming skills is an advantage (any scientific programming language, development in UNIX environment, R, Perl or Python)
- The ability to implement new algorithms for data analysis, and to adopt existing ones
- Ability and experience in solving problem, think outside of the box, lead towards creativity and innovative thinking
- Background in statistics or in problems requiring analysis of massive data is an advantage
- Ability and motivation to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Independent & innovative thinking
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- Inspire others with professionalism and commitment