This is an exciting position working to discover and develop novel therapeutic antibodies for immune based cancer treatment. Responsibilities involve development and optimization of innovative cell based assays to assess antibody activity and potency, optimization of those assays for antibody screening, and characterization of lead antibodies to define mechanism of action. Proficiency in multi-color flow cytometry and other immunology related assays is preferred. The candidate must be highly motivated and willing to expand his/her knowledge of biology and experimental techniques. In this position, the research associate will serve a critical role in the identification of lead antibodies and the discovery of novel drugs and their effects on target biology in the field of immuno-oncology.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & ACCOUNTABILITIES :
• Develops and optimizes immune cell-based assays for the identification and characterization of therapeutic antibodies
• In a cross functional setting, execute antibody screening and characterization that will result in lead identification
• Plays a key role in the development and enhancement of core technologies related to cellular assays
• Contribute to establishment and maintenance of sample tracking within the department
• Develops and maintains an up-to-date understanding of oncology/tumor immunotherapy literature and methodology, as well as the literature related to the specific antibody discovery projects.
• Prepares and organizes data for presentation. Presents written and oral reports to the project team, Antibody R&D group, and management.
• Collaborates with project leaders to ensure timely progress in research projects, prioritizing efforts on those projects to ensure timely progress.
• Bachelors or Master degree in Biology or Chemistry
• Minimum of 6 years industry experience involving the development of therapeutic antibodies for oncologic indications
• Proven record of success in developing and implementing assays for antibody function and potency screens
• Prior experience with cell-based assays relevant to immunology or cancer drug development (signaling, proliferation, cytokine secretion, cellular cytotoxicity, ADCC, etc.)
• Proficient in FACS and relevant plate and bead based assay systems (ELISA, Luminex, etc.)
• Scientific background in oncology or immunology is preferred
• Track record of scientific accomplishment as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications and/or inventions
• Demonstrated ability to independently manage functional responsibilities on therapeutic project teams
• Thoughtful experimental design and comprehensive note keeping
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities
• Ability to work independently; proactively addresses issues and troubleshoots problems
• Maintains excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
• Ability to work productively with colleagues across the global company and to travel (up to 5 %)
• Well organized, efficient and systematic