Reports to the Head of Antibody Discovery. Works as part of a team to discover novel therapeutic antibodies for cancer treatment. The successful candidate will perform a range of duties critical to our antibody discovery process. Primary responsibilities include:
- Antibody phage display selections against Compugen targets.
- Preparation of antibody fragments in E. coli, for use in screening experiments.
- High throughput screening of phage-selected antibody fragments for a range of characteristics, including antigen binding, species cross-reactivity, and V-Gene sequence.
- Converting target-binding antibody fragments into human IgG molecules.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with phage display, or a similar antibody selection technology. Also required are highly developed skills in molecular biology, familiarity with antibody binding studies and sequence analysis, and exposure to high-throughput screening for drug development.
Job Functions and Accountabilities:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Conducts phage display experiments using human antibody libraries.
- Manages antibody screening experiments, including sample preparation, binding assays and DNA sequence analysis.
- Analyzes, collates and presents antibody characterization data to facilitate antibody lead selection; including maintenance of an up-to-date antibody inventory.
- Conducts molecular biology activities involved in antibody re-formatting (e.g. PCR, molecular cloning, etc).
- Assists with other molecular biology activities as required.
- Collaborates with in-house and Tel Aviv teams to ensure timely progress in research projects, prioritizes projects and resource utilization.
- Ph.D. or undergraduate degree with relevant industry experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related life science
- Experience with phage display or related antibody library selection technique is essential.
- Substantial experience with antibody binding screens, molecular biology and antibody sequence analysis is a must.
- Familiar with methods of antibody optimization and engineering
- Working knowledge of protein and antibody purification is a plus.
- Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized.
- Position may require international travel.
- Thoughtful experimental design and comprehensive note keeping
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and activities
- Ability to work independently; proactively address issues and troubleshoot problems
- Maintain excellent working relationships with colleagues and collaborators
- Ability to work productively with colleagues in a team-oriented environment across the global company, and to travel (up to 5 %)