Reporting to the Director, Program and Alliance Management, this position will be accountable for the management and coordination of activities involved in the planning, conduct and on-time completion of projects moving from research through clinical development. The Project Manager will support cross-functional project teams to ensure the project is completed on time, within budget and with high quality. Experience with biologics is highly desired. We seek a self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as excellent cross-functional team and influencing skills.
The primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Support Project Team Leader(s) and Project teams in successful planning and execution of project deliverables.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans in conjunction with project team leader and team members including timelines, resources, risk management, communication plans, and budgets; identify and track the project's critical path.
- Drive scheduling, organizing and managing project team meetings, prepare and distribute agendas and minutes; track action items.
- Report on project progress to Sr. Management via monthly status reports
- Support Project Team Leaders in preparing Project Team presentations to governance committees.
- Support the stage-gate governance process within the company so that Sr. Leadership is well informed and able to meet decision making demands; drive scheduling, organizing and facilitating governance meetings, prepare and distribute agenda & minutes.
- Conduct project/program reviews at significant milestones or project gates to evaluate successes as compared to baseline estimates.
- Support coordination of outsourced activities with vendors and CROs.
B.S required, a PhD/master degree in life science or engineering preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of project management experience in drug discovery and development as a Project Manager.
- Education or experience in oncology and immunology strongly desired.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of clinical and nonclinical drug development is required; Experience in managing through the steps for pre-clinical to IND filing.
- Superior written, verbal communication, organizational and computer skills (MS Project & excellent Excel skills are required)
- Ability to travel, about 15%
- Able to handle multiple complex projects while tracking all details and their completion
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial.
- A solution seeker. A person who is pre-disposed to find opportunities for improvement and can recommend solutions